Monday, November 24, 2014

Finally a melt down

 I really think this fits a foster parent has well . 
So we have had Eve in are house now for a week today and today she finally just broke down and cried  She has not cried since she has been here. So we have a rule at our house if bedtime is eight for the little ones and and 830 just for Carley so being that she is 7 she falls under the little category which is 8. But if you are not a bed by at least 9 you have to go to bed at 730 the next night. So I told Emika and eve today that they did not go to bed on time last night and they needed to go to bed at 730 so I look over in the front room and little Eve is just a crying. I say Honey what is wrong and she just starts saying I don't want to go to bed and following with our rule I said well I am sorry but that is a rule n our house and maybe tonight you will go to bed on time. That way you can stay up tell 8 then she gets the blaming in and says well Emika was talking or Carely woke me up . (typical siblings fitting in ) So I am like its okay. So it drops for a little while that is. They were down stairs cleaning up and she was down there crying again so I know now it is more then just going to bed early. So I ask again what is wrong. Same thing so I tell her its okay and it will be okay to go to bed early and she will be just fine just that rules are rules. So dinner comes along home work done (she is a good worker by the way ) So then its time to bath her and I go in the bathroom and she is just a sobbing I say what is a matter now > I don't want her holing in what is really bothering her I know it is more then just going to bed early so I noticed that she might of wet the bed and I said well I need to go in and change your sheets and she brakes down more. I said honey I am not mad at you or upset with you. So I said I can tell you are having a bad day can you tell me what is wrong she finally says I miss my mom and my heart breaks for her . I am trying to keep my emotions in control at this point cause I need her so bad just to let this all out that she probably has been holding in for a week now. and then she starts telling me every one she misses and we talked why she bathed and then I went and made her bed thought we got it all out. So she gets out of the tub and again just starts crying I miss my mom. I know she does there is nothing I can do about it my heart is breaking for her and I am feeling attached now cause she is opening up to me and knows I am going to comfort her and tell her. So I tell her it is okay to miss mom and daddy and all these people you will be able to see them soon. See mom is sitting in Jail and has no contact makes me wonder if she cares. I am so upset and I get to but a crying little girl to bed and with lots of hugs tonight and just tell her that I love her and am here for her and I know its hard to miss parents and just comfort her . I am happy we have her. I know that sounds crazy but this is the reason I am doing this is to give her a safe place tell they get there feet on the ground (not what I really wanted to say) I am trying to be posive about bio-parents but you know. For my foster families that read this blog I am sure you know where I am coming from. I know tonight I just hope I said t he right words to her and that she knows I am here for her. I really do not want her to hold her feelings back and if she needs to cry I want her to let it out and not hold those in it can not be healthy for a 7 year old at all. I know its not healthy for us. So tonight has I say my prayers they will be deep in this thought / maybe some one should pray for me too .. All in all I so far love fostering this little girl she is cute and fun and is very hurt tonight has it comes from her situation. This is the reason I foster to give these kids a safe home and to be a mom to them. It makes me mad and upset more especially this time of year when they should have there own mom and dad for the holidays then I kind of look at has more there loss and my gain .. I know that may sound bad but what more can you say . Well I am off to check on children and off to bed myself or to pintrest ...

No comments:

Post a Comment