Thursday, April 23, 2015

How fostering effects our own children

So I know this is a a little different of a post. But I think it is something that some of us over look. and this is just from my experience with having just Eve in our home. I don't think people realize that it also effects our children.. Yes these foster kids come in and have more problems then what we say and we really do not know the extent of abuse these kiddos have been threw until we open our heart and minds to them. and they trust us and open up. Sometimes we will never know what these kids have been threw. So I want to focus on with this post how it has affected my kids. There is kids at school that (bully) and I am sick of it. And yesterday Carley was the target of it all saying that she is mean to Eve and Carely and Eve have there days by all means. We have taught and told are kids there will be kids that come and go. you just need to open your heart mind and just love these kids. Carely has done an amazing job with Eve and I am proud of her. I have told Eve that she can not let these kids treat her sister like that cause all in the end it is Carely who has opened up her heart and loved her and has also opened up her bedroom to her and her life. So these people and kids that are not in this foster circle do not get that. It just doesn't affect these kids that come in to our home it affects our whole family. So some may be asking why but your kids threw this and self. One we knew what to except when we took fostering classes and all that. Why do I do this? One this is a service act from Heavenly Father and I believe I was called to do this,.How do I know that ? Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways and I had number of answers to my prayers about this. This fostering children is very close to heart and my families heart. Why do I put my kids threw it ? Again it is a service act and families serve together  and who else would take these kids in. IS fostering worth it? Absolutely I love fostering Eve she is our first placement for the most part she does great gets a long with every one. Does she have her moments? YES what kid doesn't. So basically I just want you to know yes my kids struggle and especially Carley. Carely knows we love her and we love everyone that is what the Savior taught was to love one another and we do our best! I want people to know its just not about the kids we foster it also affects our own kids in the matter. I am so thankful for the people that I have met threw foster and how we have all become good friends I am so thankful for the person that let my child have a melt down yesterday (also a good friend from foster) We will call her Amazing. I want her to know How thankful I am for her and for coming into my life when she did. and for excepting Carley. For being my friend when I know I am losing my mind and for telling me you know its okay to cry its okay to throw a fit. Thank you Amazing you know who you are. You are the best and I have to say what you said yesterday . For those who are not in this foster circle please butt out. you have no idea. The way to help a foster parent In my opinion is to not only ask how is your foster doing but also how are you doing? how are your kids? can I help you with anything? Alot of the times has foster parents we need. A hug! For someone to tell us we are doing a great job just has mothers we need those things and basically that is all we need. Sorry if this makes no sense to some. I am just a Mom, a mom with tons of love and a mom who knows what my child goes threw. I want my kids to know how much I do love them and am so thankful for them and the love they show. Even when know one is watching. I want to thank my husband Jesse I love you babe and thanks for all you do !!

No comments:

Post a Comment