Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fostering Rollor coaster for sure

So we get a call today and I am just lost for words but have so much going threw my head.. it is unreal. So we get a call today and it is to take in a 12 yr old boy a 10 yr old boy and a 10 month old little girl.. yeah a sibling group and I hate the idea of being split up trust me. So my case worker is telling me all this and I just have a feeling its not the right placement for us. One. I am not ready to take in older. I hope that does not sound selfish. I am just not ready for that and there is concerns I have for my own children. But I can not help but feel at a loss for these kids and some kind of attachment, my heart just breaks I cant pin point what is bothering me so much. Its one probably a Holiday and these kids need to be some where. I have prayed and prayed for a placement just don't have a good feeling I know one is  the age that scares me and being a male with a 10 year old girl in my house and not knowing what these kids have been threw another concern is I feel I know this 12 and 10 year old have been neglected and left to care for each other and there sister and I feel It may be that I might just butt heads with the 12 year old were he technically has had to be the adult in the situation which again makes me sad for saying No cause maybe I can help him. Its sad that he has had to grow up cause of his parent or parents mistakes it is devastating. My heart is just aching for saying NO but when you have a bad feeling about it what do you do. and its so hard to make a descion so quickly and I knew Jesse's concerns and I know mine so I am glad we are on  the same page. Just makes me sad when I do have to say no cause I know these kids need a safe haven. I know in my heart that one day we Will get the placement we have been waiting for and this just was not the right one.. I hope this is all making sense if any comments or reassurance please comment.. I need something ..
I guess this is kind of how I am feeling today.. it breaks my heart sooo bad to say NO but I know its in the best interest for my family .. its defiantly a foster care roller coaster today 

No comments:

Post a Comment